Monday, April 1, 2013

LETHAL OBSESSION is a month old, and the response has been....

It’s been about a month since I published my first novel, LETHAL OBSESSION.  I had published a few erotica shorts, but this was my first novel-length work (although I realize it’s a little short for a novel). I’ll admit to being really nervous – I had no idea how it would be received, what reviewers would say, if it would sell.

Well, this month has exceeded anything I could have dreamed. First, I’ve met some incredible people who have been so encouraging to me. I hate to get into a list, for I know I’ll leave someone out, but I’m going to tell you about one person named JennieSchroder. She’s a writer (check out her Daughters of Eden series), but more than that, she’s been so kind, so supportive. She liked LETHAL OBSESSION, which is great, but even more she reached out to me and offered some valuable marketing advice and has been a major part of the success the book has already had.

I’ll tell you more about her later, in another blog, but I just wanted to say thanks Jeannie, and to all of her crew at the Thunderous Street Team. You ladies are the absolute best!

Now for the reviews.

I’ve been blown away. Let me give you a few lines from some of the reviews I’ve gotten (and please forgive the funky background on some -- seems blogger doesn't like me to copy and paste from other places):

From Goodreads (5 star): The erotic pieces of the book fit in nicely with what was actually happening in the story and not a single sex scene felt gratuitous, which I personally found refreshing…Miller does a superb job of making the powerful draw of the BDSM lifestyle an understandable one on an emotional level as opposed to merely creating a string of sexual scenarios that lack motivation. There's plenty of deviant steam here, but there is also an interesting, compelling story. And that is shizzle I can appreciate.

From Goodreads (5 stars): This was such a great book. I had a hard time putting it down and even though it is shorter book, it will keep you on the edge of your seat. Angela is thrown into a world she craves and doesn't understand why yet. With her job she is bond to find a killer, but with a killer on the loose, her obsession could kill her. This book will keep you guessing, and has some major twists and turns that will have you on the edge of your seat and your heart pounding.

From Goodreads (5 stars): I can actually say that I was drawn into the story and not just anticipating the hot sex scenes. Shandra did an incredible job with this book and other than being upset that I have to wait till this summer for the next book...I will definitely be recommending this to everyone!

From Goodreads ( 4 stars): I was pleasantly surprised with this book. Unlike some erotic material I’ve read, Ms. Miller is a stylish writer and her work felt like any other book I may have purchased by a big publishing : house in a brick and mortar bookstore - the quality totally holds up in comparison. Her lead character is nicely developed and even in instances when Angela herself didn’t understand her own motivations, the author allows us to experience that internal battle along with her as she navigates her questionable decisions. We get to invest in her instead of just taking on the roles of disconnected voyeurs. 

From Barnes and Noble (4 stars): Wow, I was so not expecting that! Ms. Miller took an already exciting genre, erotic romance, and gave it a fantastic suspense element that kept me guessing until the very end!

From Barnes and Noble (4 stars): Lethal Obsession is a BDSM book unlike any other I have ever read! Lethal Obsession is a BDSM book unlike any other I have ever read! This book has bondage, kinky sex, mystery, suspense, and shock!! I include shock because that is how the ending of this book left me!! I literally had to pick my jaw off of my lap when I read the concluding chapter!!

From Amazon (5 stars): OH MY GOODNESS. I could not put it down. I love this book from start to finish and I do mean that literally. I did not put it down from the moment I picked it up. I couldn't. I needed to know what was going to happen. It was absolutely amazing. 

*** 

Of course, those are merely excerpts. If you want to read the full reviews check out my book pages at Goodreads, at Amazon, or at Barnes and Noble

Better yet, go ahead and get your own copy of LETHAL OBSESSION at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. It's must $2.99 and it'll keep you on pins and needles with some hot BDSM and scintillating suspense. 

Check it out! 

And thanks for stopping by. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment